On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 12:49 AM Jean-Christophe Helary
<jean.christophe.hel...@traduction-libre.org> wrote:

> Apologies.
>
> The behavior is only seen in the Elisp Reference.
>
> The split Emacs Manual has Contents that points at
> emacs.html/index.html#SEC_Contents
>
> and Index that points at
> emacs.html/Key-Index.html#Key-Index
>
> And both files exist.
>
> So, maybe there is a naming conflict in the Elisp generation process where
> index.html#SEC_Contents is later overwritten by index.html#Index and since
> the html file exists (even if not the node name), the browser just points at
> it without generating an error.

I haven't tried building the elisp manual myself, but
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/index.html#Top
doesn't have any Contents or Index links at all. I don't know how
those pages were generated as there is no comment in the files saying
"Generated by texi2any version" or similar.