Hi all,

I’ve just joined the list.

I have a question about static linking. While I’m working my way through the
archive to see if it has already been answered, I’ll ask here in case someone
can help.

After configure && make I find that plugins (for example check_apt) are
dynamically linked, needing libpthread.so.0 and libc.so.6, etc., according to
objdump.

I tried configure LDFLAGS=”-static” && make, and I can see -static added to the
libtool command line, but I still get a dynamically linked exe needing the same
shared libraries.

What am I doing wrong? (Or misunderstanding?)

Thanks in advance.
--Grant.

Grant Hazelton / Software Engineer
Opsview / t: +44 1183 242 100
Opsview Limited is a company registered in the UK under Company Number 5396532.
Our registered office is Enterprise Centre, Whiteknights Road, Reading, RG6
6BU, UK