No, I'm familiar with http caching, and it's not what I'm looking to
do. Thanks anyway, though.

What I'm doing is actually not that complex. MongoMapper already has
an identity map, I'll just be tweaking it to persist between requests.
And I'm only doing this for a few of my models (ones that are accessed
somewhat randomly by id several times per request, and whose records
are only modified during site maintenance anyway). It's not like I'm
trying to write my own caching system from scratch.

Anyway, can someone verify that 300 MB is the maximum RAM available
for a dyno? I don't expect to get near it anytime soon, but it would
be helpful to know.

Thanks!