On 11 Jun 2010, at 16:48, Arto Bendiken wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> On Jun 11, 2:28 am, Matthew Soldo <m...@heroku.com> wrote:
>> Hi RDF fans,
>>
>> We now have libraptor on our bamboo stack!
>>
>> Bamboo is not the default Heroku stack. If you aren't familiar with Heroku
>> stacks you should read up on them here.
>>
>> To create a new app with Bamboo, use the following command:
>>
>> heroku create --stack bamboo-ree-1.8.7
>>
>> To switch an existing app to bamboo:
>>
>> heroku stack:migrate bamboo-ree-1.8.7
>>
>> Let me know how it goes.
>>
>> - Matt
>
> Just testing this out now... for anyone who wants to play with this,
> make sure that you have both the `rdf-raptor` and `ffi` gems specified
> in your Heroku application's .gems file or Gemfile, and then
> explicitly switch RDF::Raptor over to using FFI mode by setting an
> environment variable as follows:
>
>    $ heroku config:add RDF_RAPTOR_ENGINE=ffi --app myapp
>
> (CLI mode is still the default in the current RDF::Raptor release.
> This will be changed to auto-detection of FFI vis-a-vis CLI mode in
> the next release.)
>
> Unfortunately, at the moment I'm running into this problem:
>
>    /home/slugs/.../.gems/gems/ffi-0.6.3/lib/ffi/library.rb:113:in
> `attach_function': Function 'raptor_new_world' not found in
> [libraptor.so] (FFI::NotFoundError)
>
> It looks like RDF::Raptor's FFI mode is currently relying on a
> `raptor_new_world` function which was only introduced as of libraptor
> 1.4.19:
>
>    http://librdf.org/raptor/RELEASE.html#rel1_4_19
>
> Matt, I'm assuming you had to deploy the older libraptor version
> 1.4.17 because of platform constraints (an "enterprise" Linux distro
> or the like), making an upgrade infeasible, so we'll try and work
> around this on our end in the next RDF::Raptor release. Shouldn't be
> too difficult to fix, I think.
>
> I'll keep you posted.

Hi Arto,

Looks like they are running Debian Lenny on Bamboo:
http://docs.heroku.com/bamboo
http://bamboo-ree-versions.heroku.com/

Debian package information for Lenny (1.4.17-1):
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/libraptor1

Are you currently investigating adding support for 1.4.17?

Although I am spoilt for choice now, with Gregg releasing writer support in his
rdf-rdfxml gem :)

nick.