I write an administer a web app for a non-profit which runs on the free
level of Heroku's service since they don't have the budget for more.

One of the features they need is a way to send emails to all ~300
volunteers to make announcements. To protect volunteer privacy, my approach
was to implement these announcements via BCC addressing. However, I ran
into something strange: when sending the emails with Rails' ActionMailer
via SendGrid, the addresses were left intact in the BCC header received by
recipients; something I've never seen before. I followed up with SendGrid
support and their response was to use their (SendGrid-specific) API. I'd
rather keep using ActionMailer since it makes it easier to switch email
addons (which I've had to to once already when Mandrill discontinued their
free level).

Any thoughts about what might be going on here, or suggestions for Heroku
email addons which work correctly with BCC addressing via ActionMailer?

---
"Heroku Community" group.
to heroku+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.