Hello,

That nice "Nuclear Bunker" quad-dome which Vinay / Ian took to EMFcamp 2014: how much did it cost to build? Or rather, how much could it cost, at the cheapest? Also, where did you get the materials from?

I'm in the UK (Edinburgh), and I'd like to build a similar one, my problem is that plastic corriboard (and variants) seem to cost rather a lot. I don't want to stretch to hundreds of pounds for something which is essentially just a bit of fun. Something near the £100 mark would be ok.

As an alternative I've looked into cardboard, which is much cheaper, but would need waterproofing. I'd assume some exterior paint would do that adequately. However, sources of suitably cheap and strong cardboard are also harder to find than I'd hoped.

Anyone had success with this sort of thing?

Cheers

ps
I'm also hoping to make a weatherproof structure which can support hammocks inside. Ideally would fit four, and could pack into a car for transport, with room spare for luggage. Yes, this may be a bit ambitious. Suggestions welcome!