There is an app for that :)

http://www.giangrandi.ch/soft/spiral/spiral.shtml

Also you might need one of these:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/caliper?NCNI-5

or just cut a piece of your tape into a bunch of small squares and stack
them up until you can measure the thickness of the stack using whatever
tool you have already and divide by the number of layers to get the tape
thickness...

If you post your numbers we can maybe get some stats going :)

Vladimir