> I apologize for the error.  I plan to change this immediately.

Hey no problem, y and g look a lot alike in some fonts and it's easy to get
them confused.

So, part of the ingenuity of the hexayurt is that it uses standard 4x8 foot
sheet materials with minimal cutting and no waste. It's also got a few
other benefits; perpendicular walls that allow the yurts to be placed
adjacent and furniture to be pushed against walls, and a typically
hexagonal footprint that shares shear stress through adjacent structures
very well and optimizes the surface to volume ratio for a tileable
structure.

An icosahedron, while useful in some contexts, doesn't have a lot of the
features that make a hexayurt stand out. There's merit in the idea still,
I've seen plenty of platonic solids in temporary living situations made out
of conduit and covered in thin skins such as tarp or mosquito netting, and
the more useful ones served as a rigid frame to suspend and protect up to
three hammocks. These were in mild climates.

Also, I've used the steel C channel you're talking about. While true that
they get significantly stiffer when used back-to-back as you described,
they're nonstructural for a reason. Very flimsy these things, they're only
strong enough to form an interior wall with because they form the inner
portion of a sandwich panel when placed between two sheets of drywall, and
they're only 'superior' to lumber studs in that they aren't as moisture
sensitive, they don't generate sawdust when cut, and they take up only half
the room of lumber during transport. I think it's a solid idea with a bit
of refinement, such as miters on the panels, but it's not the sort of
material that's used in any conceivable structural role in skyscrapers.