Hi all,

I though this might interest this group. I figured a new hub design that
offers a cheap and easy way to build domes. I'm basically re-purposing an
existing packaging product that is currently used to suspend spools in
square boxes. This is typically a throw-away product, which is why it is so
cheap. Let me know what you think.

I recently showed the hubs at the Milwaukee Maker Faire. I had kids
building a small dome inside a bigger dome. It was pretty fun.

[image: Josh Larsen, 8, of Franklin works in the Geodesic Dome]

The domes also held up pretty well to two days of abuse by the little ones.

Here are a couple of photos (with a close-up of the hub) from a small dome
that I built for halloween.

In addition to feedback, I want to let it be known that I have enough of
these hubs for about 15 more domes (they are an industrial product and have
to be purchased in bulk) so anybody who is interested in getting there
hands on them should shoot me an email at lemonde....@gmail.com. I'm
interested in working with folks who can help refine the design.