Hello,

Don't know entirely what you are going for, but ... you probably want a
layer between you and the ground.  If you are looking for inexpensive and
durable, but not necessarily pretty, I've used billboard vinyl successfully
for a number of applications.  And if you decide to put other flooring over
it, it does make a good vapor barrier as well.  Putting in a wood, cobb, or
stone floor on top of it later is always a possibility, but allows you to
move in that much earlier and not have to deal with the heat/moisture
issues of a packed earthen floor.

One of the delights of starting with a hexayurt design, is that you can
have a place, ready to live in, fairly fast, and then you can work toward
what your long-term plan is, by incorporating your base form into your
design.  I helped someone build a "hyperadobe" (earth bag) house around
their hexayurt, doing as much as they can in a day, and having the interior
to be completely livable across the process.  Building up your cordwood
frame on the outside can also be done in sections that way, while you are
right on sight, and living comfortably.

Also, the hexayurt design allows for you to figure out what facilities you
will need, what your space feels like and can be reconfigured quickly and
easily as you give the living space a dry run, to figure out if they
size/layout/etc will actually suit you, before you put the heavy, long-term
structures in place.  Remember, also, that hexes tile, so you can build
several different rooms without sacrificing strength and allow for future
expansion, or figure out what your needs along those lines are by
reconfiguration until you are happy with your design, and then begin to
build your more structural elements around/supporting/supported by, your
hexayurt build.

For example, one of my dear friends now has a ring of six rooms around an
open central courtyard, which is their garden, and three additional rooms
(one the mudroom/entrance, the other two bedrooms) all 120 degrees off of
the center set of rooms.  That design just sort of grew, flowing from what
was desired, as the build started.  And, indeed, as time went on, because
the way the hexayurt and outer structure was constructed, there was a
root-cellar dug (over time) underneath the back room between the bedrooms,
and then shored up once dug.  And there is a thought to, at some point,
continue the dig, to make either a basement or a tunnel to another back
outbuilding, at some point, so they don't have to go outside to get to the
shed.

Just some thoughts.
Percy