That is kind of true for real re-attachment. But realize that merge() e.g.
is not actually a re-attachment API.  merge() first loads the state and
then applies the detached state over that managed state.   So
@DynamicUpdate does still work.

And even with real re-attachment via update() the same can be achieved with
@SelectBeforeUpdate.

Personally I am inclined to vote -1 to this at the moment,  but I am
interested to hear what others might think.