We already have the parameter padding for IN queries, and there's a PR for
supplying ARRAY via ANY(?).

For the second approach, we just have to test it thoroughly to make sure
that all major JDBC Driver support it properly.
Also, I'd only have the second approach activated via a config property as
I'm not sure how efficient the Execution Plan gets with this approach.
That also needs some testing.

Vlad