On Nov 20, 2005, at 6:48 PM, Gavin King wrote:

Hibernate cascades the saveOrUpdate() operation, EJB3 cascades the
persist() operation.

They should and are quite different.

But why are persist (and possibly merge) only cascaded at call time and not at flush time, if I use the Session API? I think no other operation has that behavior and if I read the spec correctly, it also doesn't happen in EJB3.