Title: Re: [Hibernate] New error on Annotation query
>From my understanding in discussions with Max, auto-discovery is illegal
once any returns have been defined/added.

Max, can you clarify here?  Thinking some more about it, maybe you just
meant the column name discovery (as it should be possible to still
auto-discover types in this scenario)?
Yes - autodiscover of scalar types should always be possible.
name discovery is only possible activated when nothing is added to the query.

Also, in general, we need to make certain that these types of
"integration point tests" are defined within the Hibernate test suite
proper so that we can catch these discrepancies earlier...

I dont have a working setup here at the moment - but there definitly should be test for this part.

But maybe this specific case of mixed add's might be missed.

-max

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Emmanuel Bernard
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:21 PM
To: Hibernate development
Subject: [Hibernate] New error on Annotation query

Has something changed that I haven't propagated in my code?

org.hibernate.HibernateException: cannot perform autodiscovery on
queries with non-scalar results
    at
org.hibernate.loader.custom.CustomLoader$NonScalarResultColumnProcessor.
performDiscovery(CustomLoader.java:453)
    at
org.hibernate.loader.custom.CustomLoader.autoDiscoverTypes(CustomLoader.
java:511)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.getResultSet(Loader.java:1677)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:662)
    at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loade
r.java:224)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2144)
    at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2028)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2023)
    at
org.hibernate.loader.custom.CustomLoader.list(CustomLoader.java:290)
    at
org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.listCustomQuery(SessionImpl.java:1695)
    at
org.hibernate.impl.AbstractSessionImpl.list(AbstractSessionImpl.java:142
)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SQLQueryImpl.list(SQLQueryImpl.java:150)
    at
org.hibernate.test.annotations.query.QueryTest.testNativeQueryAndComposi
tePKAndComponents(QueryTest.java:195)
    at
a:39)
    at
Impl.java:25)
    at org.hibernate.test.annotations.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:67)
    at
com.intellij.rt.execution.junit2.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:32)
    at
a:39)
    at
Impl.java:25)
    at
com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)

@NamedNativeQuery(name = "compositekey",
        query = "select name, model, speed, lname as lastn, fname as
firstn, length, width, length * width as surface, length * width *10 as
volume from SpaceShip",
        resultSetMapping = "compositekey")
        }

@SqlResultSetMapping(name = "compositekey",
        entities = @EntityResult(entityClass =
org.hibernate.test.annotations.query.SpaceShip.class,
                fields = {
                @FieldResult(name = "name", column = "name"),
                @FieldResult(name = "model", column = "model"),
                @FieldResult(name = "speed", column = "speed"),
                @FieldResult(name = "dimensions.width", column =
"width"),
                @FieldResult(name = "captain.lastname", column =
"lastn"),
                @FieldResult(name = "dimensions.length", column =
"length"),
                @FieldResult(name = "captain.firstname", column =
"firstn")
                        }),
        columns = [EMAIL PROTECTED](name = "surface"),
        @ColumnResult(name = "volume")})