iEEE 802.15.9 is Key Management Transport for 802.15.4. It calls out support for a number of KMPs defined here in the IETF, including both HIP BEX and DEX. This is one of the many reasons why I want to get HIP DEX published as an RFC, as only RFCs can be referenced in a published IEEE standard. So today I receive the following good news:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Fwd: 802.15.9-2016 Approval Notification
Date:   Mon, 07 Mar 2016 15:56:48 -0500
From:   Bob Heile <bhe...@ieee.org>
To: r...@labs.htt-consult.com, pe...@akayla.com, kivi...@iki.fi, pat.kin...@ieee.org, bhe...@ieee.org

Congratulations Guys

Regards

Bob

Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 10:06:50 -0500
Subject: 802.15.9-2016 Approval Notificatioin
From: Karen Evangelista <k.evangeli...@ieee.org>
To: "Heile Bob Ph.,D" <bhe...@ieee.org>
Cc: "James P. K. Gilb" <g...@ieee.org>, Jonathan Goldberg <goldber...@ieee.org>, Michelle Turner <m.d.tur...@ieee.org>, Kim Breitfelder <k.breitfel...@ieee.org>,
Patrick Gibbons <p.gibb...@ieee.org>

Robert Heile,

cc: James Gilb, C/LM Sponsor
Jonathan Goldberg, Program Manager
Kim Breitfelder, Director, Content Production and Management

RE: NEW P802.15.9 (C/LM) Recommended Practice for Transport of Key Management Protocol (KMP) Datagrams

Dear Robert,

I am pleased to inform you that P802.15.9 was approved as a new standard by the IEEE-SA Standards Board on 4 March 2016. A copy of the document will be forwarded to the Standards Publications Department. The editor assigned to work on the project will contact you.

An approved IEEE standard will remain active for ten years. If the Sponsor does not complete a revision process within ten years, the standard will be transferred to inactive status.

Please contact me if you have any questions prior to speaking with
your editor.

Sincerely,
Karen M. Evangelista
IEEE-SA Governance, Senior Administrator
IEEE Standards Activities Department
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854-4141 USA
Tel: +1 732 562 3854 <tel:%2B1%20732%20562%203854>
k.evangeli...@ieee.org <mailto:k.evangeli...@ieee.org>

Bob Heile, Ph.D

Director of Standards, Wi-SUN Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Specialty Networks
Chair IEEE 2030.5 Working Group for Smart Energy Profile 2
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications

11 Robert Toner Blvd, Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bhe...@ieee.org