Hi,

On 05/06/2018 10:23 PM, Christer Holmberg wrote:
Hi,

The question is whether this document should re-define the HIP variations to
ICE that RFC 5770 already does.

That may be your question, but it's not my question. My question is that I'm
not sure this document is
sufficiently clear and unambigious to implement, given its current structure.

Sure, the may be editorial work to do, but I still think it is important to clarify
whether the reader of this document is expected to be familiar with RFC 5770, or whether
this document is supposed to be an "ICE variant" on its own.

we wanted to keep the same document structure as RFC5770 because the developers were already familiar with it (and has two interoperable implementations). While we tried to duplicate some RFC5770 material to make the specification a bit more standalone, the document is still aimed for people who developed RFC5770.

As you noted, the document is missing the exact section references because the ICE spec has been a moving target but I guess the references would safe to be fixed now.

Thanks Eric for the insightful technical comments. I'll try to get you answers as soon as possible.

Regards,

Christer