Hi,

The first IESG ballot for the draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal was done in
May 2018 and was blocked by a couple of DISCUSS by the 2018 IESG. The main
issue IMHO was around “why not reusing plain ICE?”; the authors in discussion
with Adam Roach have provided an applicability statement and a justification on
why “plain ICE” does not work efficiently when combined with HIP + additional
text or replies for the remaining DISCUSS & COMMENT.

The diff are
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-30&url1=draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-28

I have reviewed all COMMENT and DISCUSS from 2 years ago and it appears to me
that they are all addressed (including those from 2018 AD who are no more AD in
2020 – they are in cc). The changes in the document are minor and I am
confident that neither a WG Last Call not an IETF Last Call is required. I am
therefore placing the document in the next IESG telechat and opening a new IESG
ballot.

Thank you for the authors on their energy to keep the document useful,

Regards,

-éric