Some Great Advice for Handling Troubles

Author Unknown

 

A man hired a carpenter to help him restore an old farmhouse. The carpenter

had a rough first day on the job. First, a flat tire made him lose an hour

of work, then his electric saw quit. At the end of the day, his ancient

pickup truck refused to start. While the man who hired him drove him home,

the carpenter sat in stony silence.

On arriving, the carpenter invited the man to come in and meet his family.

As they walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree,

touching the tips of the branches with both hands. Upon opening the door, he

underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles

as he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

After introducing the man to his family, the carpenter walked the man to the

car. They passed the tree and the man's curiosity got the better of him. He

asked the carpenter about what he had seen him do earlier.

"Oh, that's my 'Trouble Tree'," the carpenter replied. "I know I can't help

having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, my troubles don't

belong in the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on

the tree every night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up

again."

Funny thing is," he smiled, "when I come out in the morning to pick them up,

there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."


Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes

Kirim email ke