Hi histonets,

how often do you change alcohol/xylene for the dewax-dehydratation? we are running a manual system, with racks of 20 slides in 200 ml containers. These is the routine:

*Dewax:*
Xylene
Xylene
100 ethanol
96 ethanol
60 ethanol

*Dehydrate:*
96 ethanol
100 ethanol
100 ethanol
Xylene
Xylene

trying to work out the cost per slides and for that we should established a fixed moment (number of slides?) when to change reagents.

Similarly, what about the change of reagents in the tissue processor (talking about a cytadel 2000 here)?

Thank a lot for you help!!

All the best

Julio