Good morning, everyone. We have come into possession of a collection of mouse
ears that were embedded in Araldite and intended for TEM. Most of the thick
sections are mounted between sheets of Aclar. However, at some point there must
have been a miscommunication with technician working with the tissue, and some
of the specimens were mounted on glass slides and coverslipped. We believe
Permount was used as the mounting medium.

We would now like to re-embed some small pieces of the tissue for ultrathin
sectioning. Is there a procedure for removing the cover slips and Araldite
sections from the slides? I can't find anything online or in our old histology
books.

Thanks!

?

Amanda Lauer, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Otolaryngology-HNS
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
443-287-4229