Our research lab is in the market for a slide labeler. We are an IHC research
lab (NOT clinical) working on both
paraffin & thick free-floating human whole brain & brainstem sections. Since
the lab has never used a
slide labeler before (we’ve been manually making our labels), the labeler
should be easy to use, so
no one has to spend a lot of time figuring & programming the unit. Since we use
paraffin standard glass
slides as well as 2 inche x 3 inch glass slides, we need a labeler that we
could create formats for different sample
sizes and types e.g. ID #, Casp 6 + TH IHC + (name of counterstain used) &
date..etc.
The unit should also have barcoding capabilities.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Vendors welcome also.

Maria Mejia
Lead Histologist
Memory & Aging Center
UCSF