I'm trying to locate aniline oil for the Holzer glial fiber stain. I purchased what was listed as aniline oil from ENG, but the first hint that something was wrong was that it was incompatible with the chloroform also included in the differentiating solution. Looking at the fine print on the bottle, I saw that it was actually "aniline oil, 2.5% aqueous", which I would have interpreted as only containing 2.5% water, except that it seemed to be completely aqueous (2.5% aniline?), inasmuch as it wouldn't mix with the chloroform. I can't find any other source online. I see that it is also called aminobenzine or phenylamine, but am also having trouble locating sources under those names. I realize aniline oil is relatively toxic, but am using it under a fume hood. I tried dipping slides separately in the (apparently aqueous) aniline and then chloroform, but still didn't get good differentiation. Can anyone suggest a source or a substitute? Many thanks for your help! Susan