I'm wondering how others dispose of their silver waste from a GMS stain?  We
have always collected and disposed of it separately from our other chemical
waste.  We have a 55 gallon drum where we dispose of formalin, alcohol and
xylene, and I was told by several people that we could just add the silver into
the 55 gallon drum since it was such a small percentage of silver.

We use 10 ml of a 5% silver solution and then dilute that to 50 ml, so there is
a very small percentage of silver in the solution.

Thanks,
Laurie Redmond