Hi Chris,

At our institution, we're currently utilizing CoPath Automatic Barcoding and
Tracking (AB&T).  Similar to Vantage, each step of the workload is tracked from
accessioning → grossing → embedding→ microtomy→ staining→ QC (or case assembly)
and then delivery to pathologist. For every cassette that grossed by our PA's
the day before, that information shows up on an automatically printed report
for our techs to verify that the actual block exists the next day (when they
are embedded and cut) or being accounted for at the time of filing.  At 10 AM,
a 2nd report will print highlighting any block that has yet to be cut (these
blocks will either be in the grossed or embedded status).  Usually, this final
report is simply a blank page, because we typically have all of our routine
workload cut before this time.  If anything IS present on this report, it
indicates that there is a cassette we didn't embed, have yet to cut, or worst
case scenario, lost.  This report is basically a red flag warning--it's a way
to tell if anything is missing, and that you'd better locate that missing
sample ASAP.

Thanks,

Brian D. Cooper, HT (ASCP)CMQIHCCM| Histology Supervisor
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd MS#43- Los Angeles, CA 90027
Ph: 323.361.3357
bcoo...@chla.usc.edu