From: Gudrun Lang via Histonet<mailto:histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Sunday, 2 July 2023 4:59 AM
To: histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] shelf life of working antibody solutions in IHC

Hi all!

I have tried to find a general instruction for the shelf life of antibody
working solutions.

With automated IHC you usually fill the container with the working solution
and depending on the frequency of usage they stay on the instrument at
roomtemperature (or higher) or are put in the fridge again.

The working solutions are up to 10 ml and may last for months. The
antibody-diluent is from the same company of the instrument. The titers are
in a range from 1:10 to 1:3000. - so a very heterogen situation.

How do you handle this? Have you a general rule, when the solution has to be
discarded? Is it just a matter of positiv-controls?

Thanks in advance

Gudrun Lang

Biomedical scientist

Austria