I think that inspector has their head up their……….

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, July 21, 2023, 4:45 PM, Bitting, Angela K. via Histonet
<histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:

This sounds absurd to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paula via Histonet <histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2023 4:09 PM
To: histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [External] [Histonet] Expiration date after opeing a reagent

External: Be careful with links and files. If suspicious, alert the Information
Security Office. Questions? Call 570-271-8092

Hello,

We just got CLIA inspected and had no deficiencies. The inspector did say he
wants to see us write down on any reagent containers when it was opened, and
write down the new expiration date.

The containers have the expiration date on them from the manufacturer, but the
inspector said when the container is opened, the expiration will change and we
need to write the date on the container under the opened date.

I've never heard of this requirement and I would like to ask if you have.
He said if the vendor does not give us any written documentation of when a
reagent would expire after it's opened, then we should seek an alternate vendor
who can.

Any comments, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Paula Lucas

Bio-Path Medical Group

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached
to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error,
please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached
to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me
immediately by replying to this email. Thank you. Geisinger Health System
utilizes an encryption process to safeguard Protected Health Information and
other confidential data contained in external e-mail messages. If email is
encrypted, the recipient will receive an e-mail instructing them to sign on to
the Geisinger Health System Secure E-mail Message Center to retrieve the
encrypted e-mail.