New postings for top police officers

By Tony Emmanuel

KUALA LUMPUR, Sun. - Two State police chiefs are among several officers expected to assume new postings in a nationwide transfer and promotion exercise under way.

The exercise follows senior positions left vacant after the former Director of Management Datuk Jamil Johari was promoted to Deputy Inspector-General of Police on Aug 3, and the retirement of senior gazetted officers.

The Police Force Commission has approved the promotions.

Following Jamil's promotion, the Director of Management's post will be assumed by National Narcotics Agency director-general Datuk Bakri Omar.

He will be succeeded by police Narcotics Department director Datuk Salleh Mat Som.

Commercial Crimes division director Datuk Sedek Ali will assume the post left vacant by Salleh.

Criminal Investigation Department deputy director (I) Datuk Maizan Shaari will be promoted to assume the post of Commercial Crimes division director.

The CID's deputy director (II) Datuk Ramli Yusuf would be promoted and assume the post of CID deputy director (I).

Selangor police chief Datuk Abdul Hamid Mustaffa will be promoted and assume the post of Internal Security and Public Order department director.

The post was left vacant as its former director Datuk Ghazali Yaacob is on leave prior to retirment.

Kedah police chief Datuk Nik Ismail Nik Yusof will assume the post of Selangor police chief and his successor will be Federal police assistant Director of Management Senior Assistant Commissioner I Hairuddin Mohamed.

Hairuddin's deputy, SAC II Othman Talib, will be promoted and assume the post vacated by Hairuddin.

The post of Management Department deputy director left vacant after Datuk Hassan Mutalip went on leave prior to retirment, would be assumed by Logistics Department deputy director, Datuk Talib Jamal.

Kirim email ke