BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MUSLIM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem:

by Ahmad H. Sakr, Ph.D.
This article is designed for those who wish to become Muslim; as to what would
be their benefits after accepting Islam. It should be stated here that we are
not trying to entice people to become Muslim, nor are we trying to convert
them into the fold of Islam. Any person who wishes to become a Muslim should
recognize that he or she will get all these benefits and much more. However,
he or she should realize that they have to earn them by practicing the
teachings of Islam. Implementing the practice of Islamic teachings is as
important as believing.

Benefits

The following items are some of the benefits to be earned and enjoyed by those
who wish to become Muslim:

1. As far as the Creator (whose proper name is Allah) is concerned, you will
be able to identify Him and get to know Him, His role and your relationship to
His names, you will be able to communicate with Him any time, 24 hours a day,
throughout the whole year. As a result of this category, you will be able to
know your origin, your roots and the wisdom as to why you are on this planet.
You will be able to have good answers to the questions why, how, when, where,
what and other philisophical questions.

2. As a result of the first benefit, your loyalty, allegiance, and obedience
will be to the Creator himself. You will transcend yourself from all types of
allegiance for this world. This means that if there is a conflict of interest
between your boss, your job, your government, your system or any worldly
relationship with the Creator, you will undoubtedly put your trust in Allah,
the Creator of the universe. You will follow Him before you follow anyone
else.

3. As a result of the second benefit, you will be able to acquire peace,
harmony, tranquillity and happiness within yourself, with your family, with
people of the world, with the environment and with the universe. One has to
remember that the source of peace is Allah, and one of his beautiful names is
that He is The Peace.

4. As an endorsement to the third benefit, you will get rid of the extra
electrostatic charges from your brain and the central nervous system by
performing the daily Salah. Through Salah, you are to prostrate by putting
your forehead to the floor; and as such are grounding yourself, and you are
discharging these extra charges into the ground. As a result of this act, you
will get rid of many of the neurological diseases from your body.

5. As a result of the fourth benefit, you will acquire a pleasant personality.
You will be friendly and amicable. You would not need to drink alcohol, to use
drugs or to get involved in vulgarity or immorality.

6. Through the experience of fasting in Islam, you will be able to have
self-control, self-restraint, self-discipline, self-education,
self-evaluation, and self-obedience to Allah the Creator. You undoubtedly will
be able to improve health, personality, character, and behavior.

7. As a result of the sixth benefit, you will be able to control your lusts,
selfishness, desires, greed, ego, and conceitedness.

8. Another side reaction of the sixth and seventh benefits is that you will be
generous and hospitable; you will try to purify yourself and your mistakes by
sharing your happiness and your wealth with those who are less fortunate than
you. Your rewards will manifold, compounded daily until the Day of Judgement.

9. By performing pilgrimage to Makkah, you will transcend yourself from being
nationalistic, sectarian, or denominational into being universal. You will be
part and an essential constituent of the rainbow of Islam. You will be also
part of the brotherhood of Islam with those who already submitted themselves
to the Creator. At the same time, you will get rid of any inferiority or
superiority complexes. You will also find yourself in synchrony and harmony
with all the prophets and messengers of Allah since the creation of Adam and
Eve until the last final messenger to mankind, prophet Muhammad (pbuh). While
in makkah, you will be able to visit the places of revelation of the Qu`ran as
well as the places visited by prophet Abraham and members of his family such
as Hagar and Ishmael. You will visit the place where the first astronauts,
Adam and Eve landed on earth.

10. In becoming a Muslim, you will do your best to stop all types of
exploitations in all their forms: economic, biological, mental, spiritual,
psychological, political, etc.. You will also work to liberate people and give
them freedom of worship, freedom of speech, and freedom of expresssion. You
will be a leader and help lead people to peace, tranquillity and happiness.

11. In accepting Islam, you will help to reduce all types of social ills in
the society: juvenile delinquency, child abuse, domestic abuse, incest,
homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, premarital relationships, extramarital
relationships, and other vices.

12. As a result of the eleventh benefit, you will reduce and eliminate
venereal diseases, AIDS, and other diseases of similar nature in the society.

 13. Finally, when you die, you will die at peace. You will have a happy life
in the grave and later, eternal happiness. Angels at the time of death will
comfort you. They will also show you your place in paradise. On the Day of
Judgment, you will be able to see and meet all the prophets and messengers of
God to mankind including Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad. You will
be able to see and meet any and all of your friends and relatives. You will
live an eternal life of bliss in paradise.

Reflections:

The benefits mentioned above and many more cannot be purchased with money
anywhere in the world. No one is to sell them to you or to advertise them on
TV. You have to take the initiative yourself and try to acquire them by
accepting Islam first and then by practicing its teachings. You should be
honest with yourself, sincere, and truthful to the Creator. You should try
wholeheartedly to practice what you believe, regardless of whether someone
else is good or not While seeking happiness is a must, it should not be
measured with other people's standards or with material gains. Happiness is
from its potential to its kinetic forms. People around you should feel your
happiness as well as benefit from you.

Are you ready to accept this challenge today? Remember, tomorrow may not come,
and it will be too late.

If you require more information, you may reach the author through the
Foundation for Islamic knowledge, or you may contact any of the existing
Islamic centers in the United States and Canada.

ARTICLE FROM:  WWW.JANNAH.ORG