http://www.urbana.org/u2000.dec29p.burdges.cfm

Hasnah Burdges

Hasnah, a Malaysian, is the eldest daughter in a family of twelve children.
She's known the reality of poverty. She's known the agony of abuse and
suffering. Fortunately, she's also come to know Jesus.

As a child, she experienced abuse at the hands of her father, who was an
alcoholic and a gambler. These two factors forced her family into poverty.
But, Hasnah insisted, "I love my dad. Please know that." Still, such a
childhood caused her many times to feel "that God didn't like me or love me."

Hasnah also grew up as a Muslim. To her, good people read the Koran and prayed
five times a day. She suffered under the oppression of feeling she couldn't do
enough to please God. "I was afraid," she said, reflecting upon God's
judgement upon her, "that the bad deed side of the scales was going to win
out."

Then Hasnah made a change that transformed her life forever. By earning an
academic scholarship, she was able to attend school in the United States at
Kansas State University. There she met a group of Christians who loved her
persistently and fiercely. "They told me that they love me. They shared that
in their actions."

But Hasnah didn't want to accept their love or the source of their love. She
was offended when they told her about Jesus. As a Moslem, she knew Jesus
Christ merely as a man. And she considered the Bible something simply
fabricated by men, a text full of fallacy. She vehemently denied that Jesus is
God. So she pushed her Christian friends away. "I rejected them," Hasnah
shared, "but they did not reject me. . . I asked them to shut up, to get away.
. . I told my friends never to speak to me about Jesus again. They agreed but
continued to pray me into God's kingdom, I found out later."

And yet she felt attracted to these friends, their persistent love and
peaceful response to her anger. She also wrestled with unhealed wounds of her
childhood. She recalled her poverty as a young girl, her times of crying out,
"God where are you? Do you care that we are suffering down here? I remember
that the only reply I got was silence."

Then, early one morning, paging through the Bible and wondering what to make
of Jesus, she read John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his
only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have
eternal life." She knelt down in her apartment and prayed, "Jesus you are the
Christ . . . come and be my God."

Her decision was anything but easy. "That cost me my family," Hasnah shared.
"That cost me my friends." But she knows her sacrifice has been worth it.
"Absolutely," she said with a smile. Through it all, Hasnah clings to God.

Responding to the book of Psalms, "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good!"
Hasnah concluded, "My friends, I have tasted him, and he is good indeed."

http://www.urbana.org/u2000.dec29p.burdges.cfm

www.fgbmfi-malaysia.com

You may want know how can we have inner peace and joy in our heart always in
our life.

Lord Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to
the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)

God loves you and created you to know Him personally.

We are separated from God by our sin, so we cannot know Him or experience His
love.

Jesus Christ is God’s provision for our sin. Through Him alone we can know God
and experience His love.

We must receive Jesus Christ into our lives as Savior and Lord. Then we can
know God and experience His love.

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with
your mouth that you confess, and are saved. (Roman 10:10)

If you want to receive Jesus into your heart so that He can make you a new
person, you can just pray this prayer and say:

Lord, Jesus, I am sorry that I have been going my own instead of Your way.
Thank You for dying on the cross to take away my sin. Please come into my life
and make me the person You want me to be. Amen.

If you are believer please send this E-mail to your relative and friends who
are not save yet, for sure you want them have a peace and joy in their life
with Lord Jesus.