Check SPY+ on a few MS apps.. You'll be surprised.  Visual Studio uses MFC
heavily for a start.

> And Gollum, indeed I had noticed that VB5 and VB6 are light years ahead
> of the early stuff. Very nice for simple database applications, good SQL
> stuff. Kudos. :)

The easiest way to tell is to run SPY+ and look at the class names.  MFC
stuff has random ids attached to the name, whereas stright API classes are
plain names like "Edit" and "listbox".  Also, Delphi/CBuilder stuff has
names such as "TApplication" and "TButton".  As for VB, i'm not sure, but I
guess they have different names too.

Cry0Gem