> Bugtraq (a security related mailing list) just posted 3 advisories
> concerning Half-Life (HLTV, ClanMod, Adminmod). I highly recommend to any
> coder and/or sysadmin to check these out (I'm not going to reproduce them
> here, bugtraq has an excellent archive). Although there's no fix available
> yet, you should at least know about the possible dangers.
>
> Just to clearify things: I'm in NO way related to those who found the
> vulnerabilities, I'm just telling you that these exist so you know what
> you'll have to deal with sooner or later.

Here's the URL's for those of you that are not bugtraq savy...

http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/306122/2003-01-07/2003-01-13/0

http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/306120/2003-01-07/2003-01-13/0

http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/306117/2003-01-07/2003-01-13/0

The AdminMOD and ClanMod exploits REQUIRE knowledge of the rcon password.

Jeffrey "botman" Broome