use "" around the path, it's not steam it's the dos emu, whenever you use
spaces in paths make sure to enclose it in ""

From: James Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hlcoders] SDK issues: a list
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:15:17 -0500

I've managed to find a few bugs/issues with the Source SDK. Some have
been repeated elsewhere, but it might be a good idea to start a list
for Valve's sake. :) If you've found any others, feel free to post
them here.

* run_mod.bat chokes on paths with spaces: This appears to be an issue
with Steam itself, not the SDK. I like having my code and such under
My Documents, which is all fine and dandy with the "Create A Mod"
wizard. However, when you run the batch file, Steam chokes and dies
saying it can't find the gameinfo.txt file in "C:\Documents." Doesn't
look like it handles spaces in the -game parameter very well.

An update to fix these ASAP would be _greatly_ appreciated. TIA.

-James "Corvidae" Williams ([EMAIL PROTECTED])