Hasan Aljudy wrote:
MSVC's edit and continue can do that ..
Debug->Apply Changes to Code

[...]
- flush_serverdll, a command to force windows to unload the server.dll
file, so we can overwrite this with a new version and reconnect to see
changes (not need to restart the whole engine, dawn!)

Thanks. I will try that.

I think windows lock the file server.dll because its already opened by
hl2.exe, this why the open command failed. But maybe your suggestion
mantain server.dll opened, or do some black magick to able that.

Anwyay I will avoid the debug-on-the-fly features of "Edit and continue"
because enforce experimental coding/debuggin, that its bad idea, I suspect.