Jeffrey \"botman\" Broome wrote:

> Gooseman should have used the entvars_t 'team' variable for teams in
> Counter-Strike, but he didn't do this.  Instead he decided to add the
> team to the CBasePlayer class (I presume), making it inaccessible to
> metamod plugin authors.
>
> Just because coders "should" do something a certain way, doesn't mean
> they are going to.

=)
He he, agreed. I had to hold back from saying "Mod authors should NOT
change the CBaseEntity/Player class but instead *derive* from it" the
whole time while following this discussion. Wer can wish for it all we
want, it's no use. If they can change the base class, they will, because
it is the easiest thing to do. It sucks, but that is just how it is in
reality. =)

Florian