S. Hendriks wrote:
Actually you pay for HL2 itself and get the SDK as a free optional tool.
So everything that Valve provides is in courtisy and cannot be held as a
product you payed for and can force 'support' from ;) In that sense,
Valve is doing a very good job! Replying to mails, contributing to this
list. Updating the sdk and source engine by user input. Very neat!

Eh. My point is, they don't (and shouldn't - I know I wouldn't!) do this to be nice. As I tried explaining earlier, modsupport is a *very* strong selling-point (cs, ro, dod, tf, sf etc etc) and they have nothing but profits and fame to make from it.