Hi,

I having a little problem with the sdk, i am trying to figure out what is the
best
way to render a model in a new vgui "render control".

I am using the render target texture methods to render my model in a custom
render target texture
(I use this texture for all "render control"). My problem is when i try to
render the
texture, the texture was created using
materials->CreateNamedRenderTargetTexture,
and i am getting the material using the custom name i use.

So far i get a valid material, now when i render the mesh, i bind my material
using this materials->Bind
then i create my mesh and render it (square containing the model rendered from
the rendertarget texture.

But i got a checker texture (no texture) instead of my render target texture.
Maybe i cannot use this
technique for that?

Maybe they have better way to render model into a vgui control then using
rendertarget texture method?

Ho, a little flaw in the vgui library, the SetZPos exist but GetZPos dont
exist!! if you are rendering
custom stuff in your own control they are no way to know what is the current
ZPOS for the current panel.
So if you are rendering mesh you put a hardcoded "zpos" because they are no way
to get the real z pos value.
This can create a lot of problem if some window or control or hud go over it
making rendering bug in the screen.

Sorry for my bad english :)

II.TheOne