From: Yesukai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Any problems with VB .Net?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:11:38 -0700

Ok, apart from people being... unhelpfull and mostly a bunch of gabber
from misnaming the components, here is a good answer:

If you are compiling the original Half-Life SDK, use Visual C++ 6.
If you are compiling the Half-Life 2 SDK, use Visual Studio 2003.

Those are the version of Visual Studio that each SDK is made for. I
dont know how compiling the original Half-Life SDK in Visual Studio
2003 will work, I would assume some backwards compatibility, but that
doesnt mean it wont have issues. Do you have severly limited hard
drive space? Or are you able to install 2003 and give it a try before
you uninstall VS6?

On Apr 7, 2005 8:56 AM, <SB> Childe Roland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No, if you read thru those nests; I respond to your first one, telling
> you there's no such thing as VB C++, then you say "Er... Guys. Thanks
> for the names and all but I just want to know if there is anything
> wrong with compiling the HL SDK 2.3 with VB C++ . Net. "  AFTER I
> corrected you.  You even quoted my statement that there is no such
> thiong as VB C++ in that SAME e-mail.
>
> If you can't figure out the difference between VisualBasic and
> VisualC++, maybe you should go ahead and unsubscribe from this list
> untill you do a little more reading and learning.
>
> On Apr 7, 2005 9:34 AM, Tan Theodore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I think you read the later reply of mine. I already rephrased it. Some
> > people reads it late, I suppose. :p
> >
> > >From: "<SB> Childe Roland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
> > >Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Any problems with VB .Net?
> > >Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 07:59:01 -0500
> > >
> > >You quoted my own text where I say there is no such thing as VB C++,
> > >then proceed to ask AGAIN if there will be a problem compiling with
> > >this nonexistent program.
> > >
> > >Some people just don't get it, I suppose.

> > >there is
Thank
> > >you.

Visual