I'll have someone fix that one up.

Yahn

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ChromeAngel
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:50 AM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlcoders] Localization woes

OK, saved my file as Unicode (not Unicode UTF-8) my strings are now
being loaded, but my controls still show the # labels.

This turned out to be because I was setting the text using unicode
strings too...

As it requires Unicode as opposed to Unicode(UTF-8) please correct
http://www.valve-erc.com/srcsdk/VGUI2/vgui2.html which specifically
states in second sentence of the last paragraph "Language resource files
are encoded as UTF-8, which makes them very simple to edit since 7-Bit
ASCII is a valid subset of UTF-8.".

Thanks for the help :)