road.

Thanks again,
-Mattie

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alfred Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com> Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 5:58 PM Subject: RE: [hlcoders] Interface method request: engine->ServerInsertCommand()

Are you looking for IVEngineServer::ServerCommand() which will run a
command on the server?

- Alfred

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mattie
Casper
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 7:59 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] Interface method request:
engine->ServerInsertCommand()

[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] Valve reps,

Is there any way you can extend the IVEngineServer interface to provide
ServerInsertCommand() (or some other relevant name)? It would work a lot
like the old Quake engine's command buffer function (Cbuf_InsertText)
that allows a console command to be inserted at the front of the buffer.
I assume a similar function exists in the HL2 engine, because, as far as
I know, "exec" would need something like that to work correctly.

If you could expose this function, it would allow my server plugin to
cleanly support in-line variable expansion for my concommands.

Thanks so much for your help,
-Mattie