we've modified the Makefile much at all from what was provided in
linux_sdk, other than changing the necessary paths.

Wish it was that easy...

On Apr 27, 2005, at 4:43 PM, Alfred Reynolds wrote:

You should be using gcc for the linking, not ld directly (gcc inserts
some extra entries to the ld command line essentially).

- Alfred

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jonathan
Dance
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 1:37 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Compiling under Linux for BSD

--
[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] OK, pardon my
ignorance, but I'm not sure what this is supposed to show. I have a

Are there not supposed to be any? If so, how do you fix them?

I am compiling against glibc 2.3.2. I believe I'm doing so
statically...
the ld line looks like this:
ld  -shared -o ./server_i486.so <all the mod object files> -lm -ldl
tier0_i486.so vstdlib_i486.so /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux/3.4.4/libstdc+
+.a /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux/3.4.4/libgcc.a

Thoughts? Wish I knew more about how this all works.