Yeah, unlike the mp5's counting wheel, the m4 isn't "no-memory", it
remembers where you were when you interrupt. It still doesn't "automatically
fire 3 shots when you press and let go" like root seems to think it does
(which is what both Michael and I had said, AND as the specs for *both* guns
do).

When I posted last night I didn't have access to the m4 manual, but I own an
mp5 one, so it's a little different there, it's nice to know that the m4
does have burst memory though, as I did not know that.

Root: What I said about how they work *is* how they all work, the only
difference is if the gun has "memory" or not. When you let go of the trigger
it STOPS firing. You can do semi-automatic in burst mode if you're quick
enough. And in video games 9 out of 10 people are quick enough to do it,
without cheats :P (then again, I've yet to see an FPS that uses an accurate
fire rate as it would be insane, especially while trace based, or even
physically simulated)

Anyway, to go back to my original post on the subject.

Burst memory guns:
During idle: if (m_nShotsFired > 2) m_nShotsFired = 0;
Burst no-memory guns:
During idle: m_nShotsFired = 0;

During fire:
If (m_nShotsFired > 2)
Return; //don't fire anymore, already gone through 3 bullets.

amazing, utterly amazing.

And there is already code for m_nShotsFired = 0; as well as m_nShotsFired++;
!!

Woe is me.
-omega