After a long battle, I've finally gotten my mod to compile on Linux
and it generates the server_i486.so file.

However, when I try to run the linux server, it doesn't seem to be
recognized and it loads the deathmatch .so instead. For a test, I
replaced the server_i486.so in hl2mp/bin with my mod's server_i486.so
and I got this error:

./srcds_run -console -game hl2ctf +map ctf_defrost +maxplayers 16
Auto detecting CPU
Using AMD Optimised binary.
Auto-restarting the server on crash

Console initialized.
Failed to load server_i486.so
Failed to load server binary
maxplayers set to 0
Network: IP 127.0.0.1, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Failed to load server_i486.so
Failed to load server binary
Can't start game, no valid server.dll loaded

I've put my mod's compiled server_i486.so file in the /mymod/bin
directory and as a test also replaced the DM .so with it. My question
is, why would the file not be able to load? It compiled fine and I
didn't see any errors linking it, and I don't think the server is
configured wrong because if I use the hl2mp server_i486.so at that
same location then it works.

What could be wrong with my mod's server_i486.so that causes it not to
be loaded?

Thanks,

Patrick