I was kind of hoping Valve could clue all of us in as to why this is.
Considering almost all the mod's will include ladders and physics
(the jerkiness around things in the world happens in deathmatch also only
big difference i can see is the ladders)
I looked threw the code and tried to determine what is causing the jerkiness
on the ladder but still haven't found it.
At any rate, if you install a fresh copy of the hl2 mp sdk and run it
without compiling anything it works just like the hl2 deathmatch.
No jerkiness on ladders etc.

As soon as you compile the jerkiness appears again.
As omega pointed out it seems we are not using the same hl2 code base as
deathmatch...

Is Valve gonna comment ?
Be nice to know this is going to be fixed ....

r00t 3:16
CQC Gaming
www.cqc-gaming.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam "amckern" Mckern" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com> Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:14 PM Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Why do the ladders work smooth in hl2 death match but not the sdk?

Just a thought, but why not mess with the complier
optomistions?

Mayb Valve complied with some difering options to what
the vcproj's use

Adam