Alfred, et al.,

Hiya.

Well, now that we have been reminded that it is bad juju to depend upon
any undocumented interfaces, I need to ask the *right way* to do
something which is not going to disappear on me later.

Specifically, what engine interface should I be using to create a visible
entity with arbitrary position and orientation in-game from a server plug-in?

Can I create an entity with an arbitrary .MDL this way?

Can I create a 2D sprite this way?

What about a persistent texture decal ?

I've been examining the plug-in codebase and it is unclear whether we
can use arbitrary  engine interfaces in server plugins and also unclear
(to me at least), which one lets me add entities to the game from a
plug-in (something that was pretty trivial to do with Metamod).

Michael A. Hobson email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (310) 344-3585 (cell)