If you wanted to extend options... that would require your own panel and
code. For example, in my mod I replaced the New Game screen because it
didn't fit with my mod, so I customized it, added a cool background and
it doesn't even look like a Steam panel anymore... complete with button
rollovers and sounds.

I added a small extension to a Create a Panel tutorial that should point
you in the right direction:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/VGUI2:_Creating_a_panel

For myself I changed the hide/unhide code to my liking and more
"efficient" but the way it's written on the tutorial also works.

If you want to see my dialog box and menu screen, it's here:

http://www.intrepidstudios.com/art/salient/salient%20menu.avi

Though I added button rollovers and sounds a few days ago; that's a bit old.

sykes wrote:

Can anyone point me in the right direction on information on the steam
"ingame" menu's  and options.. im wondering if there can be any customization..

for example could it be extended to cope with game relative stuff ?

thanks

Kamran A
Get Firefox! Safer, Faster, Better.
<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=85>
Down with Internet Explorer! Say "NO!" to Spyware! Use Firefox