Hey,
Well thank you Chris Janes for the fix, which I applied to the default
bullet code in FireBullets on around line 158 of sdk_player_shared, and
which fixed the blood problem.
Here's the fixed code (all we did was move out the CTakeDamage
initialise and calculations and the DispatchTraceAttack out of the #ifdef...

//Imperio59: Fix for blood not being correctly predicted...
       CTakeDamageInfo info( pevAttacker, pevAttacker, fCurrentDamage,
iDamageType );

#ifdef GAME_DLL
       ClearMultiDamage();
#endif
       CalculateBulletDamageForce( &info, iBulletType, vecDir, tr.endpos );
       tr.m_pEnt->DispatchTraceAttack( info, vecDir, &tr );
#ifdef GAME_DLL
       TraceAttackToTriggers( info, tr.startpos, tr.endpos, vecDir );
       ApplyMultiDamage();
#endif

I'm gonna add this to the wiki list.
Enjoy!