> I don't have the sdk in front of me, but if there are variables and/or
> functions defined in there and you remove them you are going
> to get linker
> errors. Looks like thats exactly what is happening. That file
> is probably in
> there for a reason. You can't just remove arbitrary files and
> expect things
> to keep working.

I guess its my fault when I look at a server plugin example thinking it
would also not just work... But explain why it works...

Maybe it would have made more sense to me if they  had instead called
serverplugin_empty.cpp main.ccp required.  Obviously it is required.  And I
wasn't trying to remove "arbitryary files" but instead wondering if any of
it wasn't needed.... Some of the calls clearly in serverplugin_empty.cpp are
not required especially if I can just instead place the same CON_COMMANDS
and ConVar statements in serverplugin_bot.cpp.  Although it isnt exactly
clear... it is more of an assumption, based on not really having any
documentation about what the plugin calls are doing.

So thanks for "answering" my questions in a non-answer sort of way.