Repeat after me: it's only money. It's only money. It's only money.
You're privileged that a bunch of talented people decided to give you
access to their privately-owned work of many, many years in the first place.

I really dislike the whole "consumers as demigods" philosophy. I blame
America! ;-D

(Though with all that said, do Valve's licensees have the same issues as
us?)