If you have GCFscape you can open a half life 2 related .gcf and find
the stunstick and other missing stuff there, then just extract them to
your own folder.

And yeah some documentation on it would be great though, newbie
documentation is like, ok here make a mod, compile and now you have a
working mod! but oh wait some stuff is missing but oh well we won't tell
you that(evil grin).

Seriously afaik this is for EP1 too, VDC is outdated o_0