Just call the OpenGL functions from your Draw/Render functions. e.g.
CMyVGUIControl.Draw()
If you want to use custom renderfx you would have to do this somewhere
in CGameStudioModelRenderer
Btw. if you need other dlls, then make sure that you are loading them
from your mod directory and not from the half-life directory( where
hl.exe is ).
I dont have the esf source here on this comp, so i cant help you out
with the vgui thingy.